So it is 2017; HOORAY!! We made it through yet another year.
Whether you had a sh*tty year or a great one, these next few days are about planning goals and working on your New Years resolutions. This could be your year, after all.
I had a great 2016; I have achieved what I had wanted to do (and then some) which means, this year can only be bigger and better.
I am now reaching the age of 28 (gulp) which has made me realise a few things… Yes, I know, I am not exactly haggard and old yet, but I’m reaching 30 and it is a little daunting. When I was younger, I had thought by 30 I would have some of my sh*t together. I hoped that I would have a career in what I love doing most; within the creative sector. Instead I am managing a bar, which I do love doing, but it is something I wanted to do for a short amount of time, but life runs away from you when you’re having fun.
I thought I would be on the way to marriage and kids, not that I particularly wanted either, as I am not religious and am the least maternal person I know, but life tells us that at 30, you should have all of this. No one wants to be the old mother at the gates.
Regardless of this instinct, I am happy. If it is meant to be, it will be; I say. Which brings me to the list that I am about to share with you. Plus, it’s my blogs birthday today, Yey! Happy second birthday Lipstick & Trainers. 💋
Two of my friends, one being big blogger babe Hannah Tink had told me of the “30 things to do before I’m 30” list that they had created in hope that it would spur them on to do more within the last couple of years before the big 3-0.
I have had a lot of time thinking about this list myself, and feel it is now time to make the move.
So here we are, Emma Joy has taken the plunge, putting some life goals down on paper, and now all I have to do is complete them by 2019 (deep intake of breath.) These include the big boy experiences and some materialistic ones. Wish me luck!
30 Things To Do Before I’m 30.
- Complete 2 major international marathons.
- For LipstickAndTrainers.com to be entered into another blog award.
- To visit a country I have not been to before.
- To climb Mont Blanc, France.
- To learn a language.
- To buy a decent bike.
- To run a sub four hour marathon.
- To beat my half marathon PB of 1:45.
- To own Lime Crime make up products (they’re damn expensive!)
- To have entered a triathlon.
- Take my parents on holiday.
- Go to another football match.
- To have a business career plan in writing.
- Jump out of a plane (eek!)
- Go back to Wales for another hiking trip.
- Go camping in the sticks.
- Do an obstacle course.
- To take my new running buddy to her first ever running event (at only 6, this would do me proud).
- To visit the theatre in London.
- To read four different books. (Hey, this is a hard one! Never have the time).
- To swim in open waters.
- To be able to enter an Ultra marathon. (FML)
- Throw away old crap that I hoard and don’t use. (Torture…)
- To publish a poem, or piece of work.
- Get a decent camera for #BlogLife.
- Drink some Dom Perignon in some fancy ass bar in a dress that I could only just afford.
- Go to London Fashion week.
- Work with a big brand.
- To have a K next to the number of followers I have on social media.
- Stop biting my nails.
Keep up to date via my social media platforms @emajoyc !
Maybe you should create a list for your aspirations? Share your goals!